St. Anthony Park Area Seniors (SAPAS) iPad lending Protocol
SAPAS has three iPads and three hot spots (Internet connection) to lend to seniors and caregivers.
iPad lending protocol download here
Who do we lend out equipment to?
Seniors and caregivers (Borrowers do not need to live in our service area in order to borrow equipment.)
Who will we deliver equipment to?
Seniors and caregivers in the SAPAS service area
What are approved reasons for borrowing our equipment?
iPads may be borrowed for many different reasons to assist seniors and caregivers in maintaining independence. Some of these reasons include: attending exercise or other enrichment classes provided by SAPAS, attending the caregiver support group, attending other SAPAS events such as online concerts or OARS presentations, Telehealth doctors’ visits, and online grocery shopping.
How do participants borrow an iPad and/or hot spot from us?
- Call the SAPAS office at 651-642-9052 to request the equipment that you need to borrow and for what length of time.
- SAPAS staff will check the borrowing schedule to be certain that the equipment is available.
How long can participants keep the equipment?
This equipment is available to be borrowed for up to three days at a time. (For example, receive on a Monday and return on a Wednesday.)
How much lead time do we require in order to borrow an iPad and/or hot spot?
- If participant is a new user (have never used or been taught how to use an iPad before), we need one week’s notice so that we can schedule time for training. Training is required.
- If participant (needs to live in our service area) wants to have the equipment delivered, we need one week’s notice so that we can schedule a volunteer to deliver it.
- If participant is a trained user and can pick up the equipment, we need a day’s notice so that we can have it ready to be borrowed.
Is there a signed agreement to borrow equipment from SAPAS?
- First-time borrowers of the SAPAS iPads and/or hot spots must complete the “Agreement to Borrow iPad from SAPAS”.
- Repeat borrowers of the SAPAS iPads and/or hot spots do not need to complete the form again, but still must comply with the statements on that document.
Call the office or use the contact form to find out more.